Monday, June 17, 2013

Live for the Moment Amen

     Do you know one of my favorite things about life? The chance to start over every single moment of every single day. It does not matter what I said, did, or even who I was yesterday or five minutes ago. I am who I am now, in this moment. I will not be negative. I will grab this opportunity and take it to the next logical step. I only have this moment, now, to continue my life in the direction I choose. Dogs taught me this. 
     It is easier for me to state this philosophy than to live it.  I can model my dog's live in the moment lifestyle for so long, but I am human, after all. I have my foibles.  I can't seem to forget a hurtful comment or an impatient brush aside the way my dog seems to, by shaking it off and licking my privates. The sting of rejection lingers, similar to a hangnail's peel. It will  sting me at the oddest of times, when I thought it had healed a few days back.  A whisper, a wink and it resurfaces, roaring pain in an instant and I am there again, small and insignificant, never on the inside and always wishing I could be for once. A giggling idiot, never knowing how to get the arguments out of my head and into another person's without looking silly. I was an easy target then with my head hanging down, even if I did have a smile on my face when I looked up. They didn't know and sometimes I still don't. I'm as surprised as anyone, really, when these feelings come out and then again I must have known, on some level. Damn gemini, doomed to uncertainty, both sides now, damn I hate coming to grips with that, but it does all come back to living in the moment, this moment and acceptance of myself in this moment and all others.
     We take the pieces of things we've experienced and who we were since birth and weave our nets, cast our patchy nets out into the waters, and see what we catch. I've caught things of all types, but lately I'm trying not to lump them into "good" things or "bad" things, but instead I'm trying to see each thing for what it actually is, because there is bad and good in everything. Acceptance is key. Live like a dog, smell it and move on. If it smells good, by all means linger, but don't make it your new religion. If it smells bad, pass by quickly, but remember the smell so you can avoid it faster the next time. Let us pray.
     Please God, help me to be more like a dog, investigating life for life's sake, instead of following blindly. Help me to take each day as it comes with dignity and grace, protect me from those who wish to see me falter, and help me to keep love in my heart for all people, including myself. Help me to see opportunities instead of stumbling blocks in my life and the lives of others. Keep me grounded in the infinite love of the universe at all times until I can come back to your loving arms once I am done here on earth. I pray for small moments of peace for every single person in the whole world, until we can all go home and have infinite peace together, forever. Amen.
     

1 comment:

  1. I really like this one, too, Cory. And again...can RELATE.

    ReplyDelete