Thursday, November 14, 2013

G & T

Every relationship is full of give and take, sometimes "fairly" (quotes used because as I became an "adult" I realized that fair is something that children strive for, it doesn't exist for me in my real adult life)sometimes not, but either way there is giving and there is taking going on constantly. I would rather give than take, in most instances, but there are times when I feel like I have given my all, everything I have, and then someone wants more. Surprisingly enough, even those times when I am sure I'm completely empty, I find something more to give. I find that the more I give, the more I have to give and I believe the reverse is also true, the more I take, the more I want to take. Today I feel grateful for those who have given to me. I feel grateful that I have a chance to give to others myself. I am not talking about money, riches, or things. I am talking about giving of myself, giving wisdom, comfort, support, and love. I pray to my Higher Power that I may always have those things in abundance to give and share with others and I also pray that I may be humble enough to take those things from others when they feel the grace to offer them to me. Let me be gracious with my giving and let me also be gracious with my taking and let me find a balance between the two, as a fountain flows underground and back again to the apex, let my giving and taking replenish me and other people around me. Let our giving and taking cool our souls with healing waters and help us to feel connected to the greater good within and without all of us. When I connect with that Source, I know that everything is going to be okay and I want everyone else to know that, too. We are going to be okay. So today I will give my all to those who need me and I will trust that when I need it, there will be someone to give me the same, because I deserve it and so do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment