Saturday, January 4, 2014

Foreverly Rest In Peace Phil

I just heard the news that Phil Everly died yesterday from complications of C.O.P.D. I know Phil is free now, but I am sad for his family, who I'm sure will miss him so much and I'm also sad for the rest of the world. We have lost an inspired, talented man. Heaven has gained an angel. Phil finally has wings to match his beautiful, harmonizing voice so well. They look good on you brother.

One lesson I think we all can take from Phil's death is that smoking kills and sometimes it kills slowly, as with C.O.P.D. If you smoke cigarettes, please quit, or at least start thinking about making a plan to quit. I know its not easy, its an addiction, but quitting is possible. People do it. I did it after smoking for 19 years. It wasn't easy, but I pushed through, found support and now I feel better in my mind, body, and soul, but really this isn't about me. Make the choice to make your life better. Becomeanex.org

Phil Everly's music has made my life better, brought me joy and other tougher emotions through his music and I truly appreciate his contribution to my life and the world as a whole. Thank you Phil, for making my life better with your wonderful harmonies. Thank you for inspiring me. I hope to get an opportunity to see you on the other side, maybe lay down some harmony. Rest in peace Foreverly more Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment