Thursday, May 30, 2013

Leave Adam Levine Alone

Disclaimer: I have never bought a Maroon 5 album or seen them live, although I've heard from multiple sources that they put on quite a great show. They are not my cup of tea as far as music goes, if I heard them on the radio I might hum along if the mood was right, but I just wanted to get it out there that I am not really a fan of Adam Levine's any more than I am a fan of the guy I see at Dunkin's getting a coffee. He's just there, that is fine with me, all is right with the world, well not really, but I just don't have time to get into that right now, back to the topic at hand.
     Adam Levine said "I hate this country" during an elimination on The Voice. I watched the clip and I totally missed it the first time and if it hadn't been for the website stating what time on the clip he uttered it, I might not have been able to find it. He said it really quietly, to himself, he just happened to be miked for the show.
     Of course people are completely up in arms about this. All the pinheads have come out in full force to complain about how they are offended. Doesn't anyone fucking remember what this country is supposed to be about? It is about freedom. Adam Levine is allowed to hate this country sometimes if he wants to and every single one of us has the right to feel that way, too. Don't get me wrong, there is NO PLACE else I would rather live than right here in the U.S.of A, but somewhere along the line a lot of people have forgotten the point of how this country was founded. We can say things like that because we live HERE and our country has laws based on freedom of speech. Adam shouldn't have to be worried about his livelihood just because of a quiet aside he said in disappointment and frustration on a fucking TV show. I, for one, plan on supporting the fucking guy and buying something of his (an album, t-shirt, I gotta do some research on what he has available) just to say, this is still a FREE country (if you have money RIP Bill Hicks)and we are not puppets! We can do, say, feel whatever we like as long as we are not breaking any of our country's laws or for me personally hurting anyone in the process.  It makes me really sad to think that people only talk about open mindedness and freedom, but are so quick to eviscerate a public figure who might say something beyond the mainstream.
     Adam should not have to apologize. Keep moving, move through the processing plant everyone. We all will have the same grain and the same thoughts. Everyone needs to think for themselves and stop just assimilating and regurgitating everything that the media is feeding you, because guess what? This is not news. Stop creating drama, focus on what is really important and let's all get on with our lives, shall we?
    Now Prancercising, that IS news, and if you watch the clip on HLNtv.com you can make your own decision whether or not Mike Galanos is gay, not that there's anything wrong with that in my book mind you, it is just something I've personally been wondering about for a while now. Love you Mike, but what is with that grin while prancercising? You really embraced the "elation" aspect of this exercise craze, my friend. Whatever makes the elation come forth, right?  And that freedom is one of the many great things about living in this country.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment