Friday, July 12, 2013

Freaking Fridays

I am thankful, most days, that I am able to be at home with my two beautiful daughters. Unfortunately, today is not one of those days. I want to skip out, take a pass for the day, but I can't, at least I can't until my husband gets home from work. Yes, he has been working hard all day, but it is Friday and I find Fridays the most difficult, especially since school is out. I'm ready for the two or three hours I get alone each week when my husband takes the kids out to do errands with him. I have been here, directing and supervising all week...meals, play-times, chores, pet care, you name it. Normally, I enjoy it, revel in it, even. Today I want to just check out and be this lady...
Doesn't she look happy and oblivious? I want that. What drug does that? Could I have a prescription for that, please?
Its nap time here and really, now that I've reflected on this and blogged a little, I feel infinitely better, so I guess I won't be needing that prescription after all. My kids are wonderful little miracles, now that they are asleep. Perspective, sometimes it takes a bit to catch up with your reality. And really, I'm happy, see? I talked myself into it, I guess I'm more like the woman pictured above than I realized. Wow, my life is fucking perfect, no complaints here. I can't wait until my drunk husband comes home, that will really be the icing on the cake. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment