Thursday, July 18, 2013

The World Can Wait

     The world is huge and has a population of over seven billion people, growing every second. There is a website where you can watch the number of births and deaths in the world in real time.  Seeing that type of movement in numbers is mind-boggling and scary to me.  I would've been perfectly content with a rough estimate of the population of the world, I don't need a ticker reminding me that we're all gonna die and that somewhere people are having kids that won't be fed or taken care of properly. How fucking depressing.
Damn it, I was just whistling a happy tune, too. I should know better than to Google stuff when I'm tired, I get too emotional about it. Now I'm worried about babies in China and India, crap. Its not like I can do anything about this issue at this instant. I mean, I'm on birth control for crying out loud! I'm taking care of my personal population boom of two children as best as I can. I can't keep placing the world's problems on my own capable, but overloaded shoulders. I need to concentrate on making my own corner of the world beautiful and peaceful, which can always be improved upon. I'm gonna go kiss my sleeping children and read a book now instead of farting around on the internet, depressing myself. I don't always have to be productive, as long as I'm not self-destructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment