Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Itching for Maine



I miss Maine and I miss our family up there.
The girls and I are usually there by now, but last summer we missed Daddy too much, so I decided we would wait until the end of July to go up this year. Here is the view from the screen porch at my in-laws place, planning to get there sometime in August. The way the kids have been bickering I am really itching to be there right now, but just knowing the lake is there makes me feel better. I love thinking of what is going on there the moment I am thinking of it, is there a boat of fisherman headed out to the big lake? Is there a Canada goose flying overhead or a raven croaking in the pines? I can picture it in my mind and it calms me just thinking of it. I'm keeping these images in my mind today, like a cool washcloth on the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment