Friday, October 4, 2013

Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life

For humans of any age, life is fraught with troubles, problems, and stress. Luckily for us, it is also peppered with beauty, wonder, and love. There are always two sides to every story, sometimes more than two. There are many ways to look at a problem and different sets of eyes will see things in alternate ways. There is always a chance for a situation to improve. There are always ways in which you can approach even the toughest issue with love and compassion, for yourself as well as for others. These are things I am learning as I age, that I wish I knew when I was younger. I hope to be able to pass them on to my daughters, to help them learn this while they are younger, to save them some depression or heartbreak. I know I can't protect them from everything (and I shouldn't), but if I can give them a little boost up into partial enlightenment, wouldn't that be a nice gift? I think so. I'm going to share this stuff with them and hope that they will be able to hear it and apply it to their own lives as they grow. I certainly had a hard time hearing my own mother as a kid, so I'm not sure they will benefit from it, but I'm still going to try. Maybe, (like me) they will realize when they are in their twenties that yes, Mom was right about everything.

Here is something...

Free yourself. Let your ordinary reality be illuminated with wonder and magic. 
I think if we all allowed a little wonder and magic into our lives we would be bowled over with joy. It is inside all of us. Its already there, we just have to free it to enjoy it. Today I'm setting my spirit free to roam, wonder, imagine, conjure, and soar. No agenda, no plan, no destination. I'm just going to be me and enjoy it, because I can and because being joyful just feels so much better than being grouchy. I choose joy and not because of a lack of problems in my life. I choose joy because of the problems in my life. Its my choice and I would rather be happy, so be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment