Thursday, January 16, 2014

Still a winner

It looks like I didn't win the Powerball drawing last night, but I still feel like a winner today.

It's the exercise. It works wonders on my mood and I've forced myself to do it the past two days, first thing after getting my daughter off to school. Now the challenge...I have to keep doing it, at least 5-6 days per week.  I've never been great at discipline, but I've learned that even old dogs can learn new tricks and I'm learning how to take better care of myself.

If I go by how I feel today, there is no way I can NOT do it, because I feel fucking amazing! There should be classes on self-care. That is something that we should all know and do, but we are somewhat judged  as selfish if we actually do it. I am going to make sure my daughters know that self care is the first step of taking good care of others. Treat yourself as if you were your own child. Do for you what you do for others, because you are just as important and worthy as they are. Don't neglect yourself, don't feel selfish for wanting to be healthy and keep healthy habits. 

I wish I'd learned this years ago, but all I have is now, and hopefully tomorrow. I can't waste my time being sorry about yesterday, but I can make sure that my own history doesn't repeat itself. So if you're reading this please, take the time to take good care of yourself. You are totes mcgoats worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment