Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Routine

I'm running on my hamster wheel and
it doesn't matter how I feel.
There's things to do and things to get.
I don't have time to think just yet
Gotta get the kids to school on time.
I tell everyone that I'm just fine,
But if you really stop to look
I guess I gave more than I took.

Its the little things in life sometimes
That can stop you right there on a dime
Like that little hand that fits so well in mine
And just like that, I really am fine.

Remembering blessings you've got today
Will help to shoo those troubles away.
Even if I can't get off the wheel just yet,
There's more to life than what you can get
Or what you own or the telephone.
Look around and you will see
The best things in life are still free.
Don't discount humanity,
Because we all just want to belong
And you being right doesn't make me wrong.

If we opened our eyes then we would see,
The best things in life are still quite free.

No comments:

Post a Comment