Monday, September 9, 2013

End of the Line...

     Over the weekend I became obsessed with the Traveling Wilburys (again). I found the End of the Line video on youtube and I think I've watched it about a hundred times since. What a fantastic song, with a wonderful message! I've known the song for years, but sometimes a different meaning will strike me in something that I never noticed before and this is one of those times. I mean just the line, "every day is just one day," is so simple, yet so profound that I feel my head expanding just thinking of it. I had to share the video link and one verse with my friends on my becomeanex.org blog. I just had to. This song fits so well with recovery from nicotine, recovery in general, really, that I felt compelled to share it with everyone.
     I've been working up the courage to get out and play some open mic gigs and I think this is one of the songs that I want to start playing. It just has such a wonderful message. It is something that I can get behind and sing with conviction, no matter what else might be going on. Its a song that I believe in, bottom line. And really isn't that what we're all searching for? Something to believe in? Something to shoot for?
     Well it is all right. They were right. It is. Look who I get to hang out with every day. Well its all right, as long as you've got someone to love. I'm lucky to have several "someones" to love in my life. Remember and appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment