Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Is It Okay?

If I am good to myself, then I'm selfish.
If I neglect myself, then I'm lazy.
If I don't say anything, then I'm uncaring.
If I say something, then I'm a busybody.
If I let it go, I lose.
If I don't let it go, you lose.
Either way there is no clear winner.
Is it okay?
If no one wins, to whom do the spoils go?
Do we allow them to rot on the ground?
Do we gather them up and save them for someone?
Where did my patience, caring, and love go?
Are they rotting on the ground with the spoils?
Did they even matter in this game?
Is this even a game?
And why are we playing it again?
If it were up to me, I guess we'd stop playing,
And get down to the real business at hand.
Is it up to me? 
Really?
I can't see how my business effects yours,
But your business is effecting me deeply.
I guess that explains it, but I still don't understand.
Maybe I'm not supposed to understand, 
But I cannot play the game without directions.
Have you ever had someone try to explain a card game to you, without actually playing?
Practically impossible.
You have to play to understand the game.
Otherwise the game plays you.
I prefer to play the game,
Than to get played.
I'm not playing at this, but I am playing at that.
Play me for a fool.
Play a song for me.
Play it out and see what happens.
Splay me, slay me, say its okay.
Oh well.
If I was mean to you, I'm sorry. I know that I can be.
Figuring out this "journey" is hard on my soul
And I know that it isn't easy for you, either.
If it wasn't you, it could never be anyone else.
If I knew, I wouldn't be asking you.
Is it okay?
Just say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment