Monday, September 16, 2013

just saying bob dylan

Just because I'm not smiling, doesn't mean something's wrong, but now that you mention it...

I felt upset being left behind, but I'm over it.

Just because I know the words, doesn't mean I have to sing along, but now that I think about it...

I might as well belt it out loud and strong, I'll feel better for it.

I am the person you wish you knew, but you'll never know that.

The one you snubbed was the one with the answers, but there's no telling.

No telling at all.

You made up your history, here's the short version of mine. 
When somebody asks, you say that you're fine. 
Doing what matters, what matters most? 
Stay in the lines and down the hills you can coast. 
But when they ask me who influenced you, I still always say you.
I'm not saying its your fault, all of its mine.
Just saying you were there with me, all down the line.
You didn't know it, but I fucking did.
I started listening to you when I was a kid.
You put pieces together, of words, rhymes, and tune.
Took me for a ride in your hand-made balloon.
We passed over patchwork, suffering, love.
On a wing and a prayer, we flew like a dove.
I believed it all, but I knew your worldview, 
Was now a fantasy, fame had skewed.
If you sold your soul to the devil, I understand.
You had to, to execute your plan.

We all know the devil ain't real.
I don't believe in anything I can't feel.
I feel you, therefore I believe.
I believe in whatever you've got up your sleeve.
Time is a wave and I rode it with you.
I wasn't yet born, but I was there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment